The Countdown!

Thursday 18 April 2013

2 days to go!

Hi guys

So with the big day getting closer and closer I thought I would give you a last update before the race about how everything is going.

So the ankle support didn't really help and I only managed a 9 mile run on the Sunday before last. After that i decided just to bite the bullet and go to see a physiotherapist at Crystal Palace's sports injury clinic. I went there last Friday and it was a very helpful and informative visit. Apparently the injury was caused from me having my running shoes too tight and restricting blood flow etc in my foot. That also caused all the toe problem that i wrote about a few weeks ago. I did read this on the internet when I first had the pain and since then I have loosened my shoes when I run and have seen a big improvement and I never get any pain through my foot and toe anymore but the pain around my ankle just never went away. She did tell me though that I can run on it and not cause any permanent/serious damage to my foot which is excellent news! So I will be pushing myself to the limit come Sunday and will just have to run through the pain :)

With all the ups and downs of marathon training I have come to realise how much I enjoy running and it is something I will continue to do long term, I'm already looking forward to my next marathon which will be in Bournemouth as I get a placement on the back of running the London Marathon. I'm also interested in running marathons in other major cities around the world and will look into entering those in the next few years.

Thanks to everyone who has been reading and everyone who has supported us and everyone who has sponsored us for this, we both really appreciate it!

James

No comments:

Post a Comment