The Countdown!

Saturday 6 April 2013

I'm alive!

Hi guys! * embarrassed face*

I've been awful at keeping this blog going! I really thought no one was bothering to check it and kind of lost motivation to keep it going. Well I went 9 weeks so not that bad!

Well anyway I'm now posting this with 2 weeks and 1 day to go till the big day!!!! The sponsorship's have been coming in steadily and very generously so thanks to everyone who has donated so far!

My training has had its ups and downs. My earlier toe injury has completely gone away now after a lot of forum reading and changing a few things about my runs. However the front of my ankle has been playing up for the last few weeks and has been annoying me greatly! For the first time in any training session I actually had to stop! (18 mile run initially and stopped at mile 12). Not that it was impossible for me to carry on but it hurt enough to tell me that if i continued I might do some unnecessary damage.

So maybe I should have gone to see someone by now but I've just been carrying on, completing smaller runs and trying to rest it as much as possible. I bought a ankle support which I will be trying out this weekend when I try and complete another 18 mile run. Crossing fingers that after that I feel confident about the race.

I will run the marathon no matter what happens and I will literally have to have no legs left not to finish, I'm just slightly disappointed at this stage that I may not reach my potential in terms of what time I can complete it in. But oh well, these things happen and I'm not giving up yet! my target time is staying the same and I'm going to give it one hell of a go.

I will report back after my long Sunday run and let you know if the ankle support did it's job!

:D

No comments:

Post a Comment